Friday, October 10, 2008

Gérard's work arrives and Penelope the person arrives








































































Yesterday was a busy day! Since Penelope is teaching a workshop for the Art and Design department, they were kind enough to put her up in their apartment. Which is in one of the dorm buildings and has the best deck off of the dining room upstairs (yup, it's 2 levels!) The photo of the skyline here was taken from the deck. You can also see the lake from the other side, it's really a cool flat.

I don't have pics of Penelope- you'll have to take my word for it for now that she showed up :) This is primarily b/c we spent all of our time together in traffic on the way back to campus, and I don't usually take photos while driving (usually). But, I'll see her again tonight and document our visit. We'll be going to dinner with my gallery Director and some Art and Design faculty who worked with me to bring her here for teaching. Should be fun. We're also going to try to have a sneek peek at the work for the show as everyone else is as excited to see it as I am (esp Penelope- who is SUCH a nice person).

The other photos here are of a few of Gérard's pieces. I was so excited to get them, they're beautiful in person! Also, the USA in Red piece (shown here in poor lighting on my desk) is particularly apt at the moment in this country. It's funny that it was made back in 2005 and is probably even more relevant now. Also, he was kind enough to send along a signed exhibition catalog that is gorgeous! To see the image in better light and more of Gérard's brilliant work- you can either come to the show, visit his website, or preferably, both!

http://www.gdubois.com/2008/index.html

By the way, I have recieved work from 6 other artists that were equally amazing- I got those in before I started the blog, but will most assuredly gush about them all individually here soon!

No comments: